Welcome to M.A.M.A.S.!
M.A.M.A.S. is a full-scope midwifery practice, serving Washington DC and the close-in Maryland suburbs of DC. Our certified nurse-midwives offer prenatal care, birth services, postpartum care, well-woman gyn care, family planning, breastfeeding/early parenting assistance, and intrauterine insemination, all in the comfort of your home.
Who we are
M.A.M.A.S. is a bilingual practice of Certified Nurse-Midwives (CNMs). Mairi Breen Rothman, Erin E. Fulham, and Katie Shannon all hold undergraduate degrees in nursing and graduate degrees from midwifery education programs accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education. They are certified by the American Midwifery Certification Board, and are licensed to practice in both DC and Maryland. Together, they have almost forty years of experience as midwives attending births at home, in birth centers and in hospitals.
What we do
- Prenatal care: our model combines visits in the place of your choosing in the DC Metro Area, and Community Care–bringing together a group of moms (and their families) due in the same month, to discuss prenatal exercise, nutrition, self-care, breastfeeding, and preparation for birth, while building community and sharing nutritious snacks.
- Birth services in your home, using our fully-equipped state-of-the-art mobile office
- Well-woman gyn care & family planning
- Breastfeeding/early parenting assistance
- Preconception visits and Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) in your home, using our mobile office to combine modern technology with the comfort of home for optimal hormonal receptivity.
Why we do what we do
We are committed to providing women with holistic, safe, affordable options for their births and well-woman care, in English or in Spanish, regardless of ethnicity, immigration status, sexual orientation or insurance situation (See MAMAS In Action). We believe every woman deserves a midwife.
How to find out more
This website is a work in progress, and we are much better midwives than web designers. So if you have questions, please contact us at:
Practice Address: 7301 Garland Avenue, Takoma Park, MD 20912 fax: 855-282-0727